As an independent international industrialist, the Safe Group has, for more than 60 years, been investing in the same industrial niches to offer innovative and competitive solutions giving all its customers a decisive competitive advantage.
A forward-looking vision of future markets, management of economic cycles, a dynamic global investment policy dedicated to innovation and Industry 4.0, and continuous investment in the development of human potential have enabled the Safe Group to become a world leader in each of its industrial sectors.
In addition, the Group, based in Geneva, has a Corporate structure which supervises and coordinates the activities of the Group’s Branches by ensuring:
the development and implementation of the Strategic Vision,
- a policy of targeted acquisitions to expand the commercial portfolio and the geographical location of its branches and integrate complementary technologies,
- a financial policy aimed at preserving resources and maintaining the independence of the Group,
- the development of expert resources (Finance, Legal, M&A) serving the branches,
- monitoring compliance with values, governance rules and codes of ethical conduct (security and protection of people, assets and data, CSR commitments),
- IT infrastructure security and data protection entrusted to a dedicated organization (SafeOnline).
The Group’s governance bodies have been defined in such a way as to allow the application of fundamental organizational principles, to promote the autonomy of the Branches, while closely monitoring the results and the implementation of the strategy.
The Group Executive Committee (Comex) is the Group’s management body. Its role is to monitor the application of the strategy, define the operating rules of the Safe Group, coordinate operational actions and take management decisions at Group level:
- Gérard Mura, Chairman of the Board and CEO
- Frédéric Schwartz, Corporate President
- Benjamin Fournier, Executive Vice President Safe Metal
- Pascal Keller, Executive Vice President Safe Demo
- Franck Lacroix, Chief Operating Officer
The operational management of the Branches remains the responsibility of the Branch General Managers (Executive Vice President) within the framework of the defined objectives and strategy.
The Executive Committee is located within Safe SA, a Geneva-based company.
The Board of Directors, chaired by Gérard Mura, validates the Group’s industrial choices and strategic organizational and development decisions, monitors progress of works, and ensures the financial independence and long-term sustainability of the Group.
It is made up of former Group executives, leading figures from the industrial world and representatives of the majority and financial shareholders:
- Gérard Mura: Chairman representing the majority shareholder
- Christophe Mura
- Marc Génot, industrial founder of the Group
- Michel Sindzingre, senior advisor at Sagard and former CEO of Imetal
- Stéphane Magnan, former shareholder and CEO of Montupet
- Florent Lauzet (Siparex)
- Frédéric Schwartz, Managing Director
- Bruno Froideval, ex-shareholder of Safe – Private Equity advisor
This dynamic has forged the leading position of its two business lines in their markets, which they perpetuate through irreproachable quality and absolute cost control.
It is in this regard that they aim to conquer new market shares by relying on the sustainability of the Group and the flexibility of their organization to seize all opportunities to always better serve customers.
Quality of listening, responsiveness of proposals, customized prototyping of solutions,
The Safe Group’s plants share a culture of co-construction with and for their customers, with production capacities that are directly aligned with customer expectations.
Investment in research and development is important and continuous in order to be at the cutting edge of progress on all fronts.
The Safe Group places the protection of the environment and the safety of its employees at the heart of its priorities. Working conditions in all the countries where the Group operates, the quality of production facilities, energy savings and the sharing of best practices are constant objectives enshrined in its DNA.
By adopting the “industrial spirit” as a signature, the Safe Group intends to:
- enhance its ability to design innovative breakthrough products and solutions;
- place its industrial development in a long-term perspective;
- assert the expertise of its employees in highly technical professions.
Closely linked to the Safe Group signature, its values are also reflected by a decentralized organizational structure and a simple and direct mode of governance.
The governance bodies have been defined in such a way as to affirm the Group’s solidarity with its two divisions, to promote their operational autonomy, and to optimize the implementation of the strategy.
Through its two branches Safe Metal and Safe Demo, the Safe Group comprises:
- 7 production plants for the manufacture of technical cast steel components for construction, mining, heavy goods vehicles, railways and the construction, aeronautics and wind energy sectors;
- 8 plants producing injected plastic parts for the automotive industry, making the company the world leader in airbag covers.
CREATION OF ACIERIES ET FONDERIES DE L’EST (AFE)
by the merger of two French family companies created in 1918
20 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT
Acquisition of several French foundries
ACQUISITION OF DEMO
START OF INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
LAUNCH OF DEVELOPMENT IN CHINA
PLANT VISION 4.0
Growth through sustainable acquisitions